Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why Katie Inspires Me

Kyle in the house!!  So I'm completing our series on why we think the other inspires us.  If you are curious what we do on a Wednesday night, Katie is playing the Sims (she is always creating new families).  And I'm watching Restaurant Impossible.  I have been addicted to the Food network this summer.  I know, I know.  That's crazy coming from a guy who is a sports fanatic.  But the shows are soooo good!  And they make me hungry =].

As Katie posted earlier, we both think each other are pretty awesome (thats for you Mrs. Strang).  I mean living with CP is no easy task.  But Katie makes it seem so effortless.  She never lets her disability get her down and she always has a smile on her face.  Come to think of it, we both smile ALOT.  Whether she is helping brushing my teeth or feeding me (after she sneaks in a few bites before me), Katie is always smiling.  Why is she smiling?  Because she is the most caring person I know.  I am one lucky guy when it comes to having Katie help take care of me.  As you may know, I have the more serious symptoms of CP.  So that means, I need more help to be independent.  And Katie never hesitates to be the one who gets to help me.

Since Katie pegged me as being the laid back social butterfly of our relationship.  I would say she would be the smart and opinionated one.  Katie is a genius.  She is no slouch when it comes to school.  Katie loves to learn.  To her, the world of academia is one place where CP can't touch her.  When she tells me all the assignments she has as a psychology major, I go "say that in English please".  Which I'm sure she does the same when I talk to her about sports. 

Warning: Don't mess with Katie.  She can get pretty fiesty when it comes to matters of living with a disability.  Like the time we went to go have lunch on Northgate.  And recently there has been ALOT of construction in that area.  So here we are trying to cross the street and we can't because the construction workers have blocked the ramps.  And before I can say anything, there goes Katie yelling at the workers to unblock the ramp.  Which I am pretty sure they didn't understand a word she said.  I love the fact that she can be so passionate when it comes to making the world more disabled friendly.  I think it creates a special bond between us because we can be advocates for each other.

So thats just a few reasons why Katie inspires me.  I couldn't write them all because I would be here all night (mostly 'cause I type really slow).  Ok.  Back to our nightly programming of Famly Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment