Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Thanks Everybody!

Hi! Katie here.

I have been so amazed by the number of people who are reading this blog and supporting Kyle and I. We have both always had great support systems, you guys have gone above and beyond this time. We both wanna say thank you to all our friends and family (and strangers!) who have been following the blog daily an showing their unending support. The comments and the input from you guys is greatly appreciated. I'm glad to know that you all love it.

I think one of our major goals in writing this blog is to keep friends and family in the know as to how we're doing and introduce them to a part of our everyday lives that they may not get to see. Of course we want to also connect with other people--both with and without CP--but you guys are really our inspiration.

Kyle and I have both been extremely lucky to have amazing families and friends. I am going to take this opportunity to recognize some of the people that have truly inspired and supported me through the years.

Of course, a big thank you goes to my parents. They have done everything they possibly could to make my life awesome. To my mom, for giving starers the stink eye. To my dad, for refusing to treat me like I have CP. Most of the time he won't even park in handicapped spots, which annoys me at the time but truly does give me insight into how he sees me-- as his daughter, CP or not. Although mom babies me, we all know she does it with the best of intentions-- and I really don't mind. My parents are two awesome people who came together in their awesomeness to create two awesome daughters. And for that, I will be forever thankful.

To my sister, Alli, who is my hero, my advocate, my reason for being me. She has stood up for me practically since the day she was born, even when she doesn't need to. She has slapped people, written school papers, and made school projects in my honor. She has been my worst enemy and my best  friend. And she'll always be my sister. She has taught me more than she will probably ever realize. For those of you that know her, you know how much she loves me. She's the one who picks me up when I'm down and reminds me that there will be better days. Alli, no matter how much we fight, you will always be my number one.

To my brother Justin (Technically he's Alli's boyfriend, for those of you who are confused). I truly do consider you my twin, and I always will. You are one of the awesomest people I have ever had the pleasure of associating with. I swear. I don't think I've ever told a joke that you haven't laughed at (thank you). You know, growing up I would have been satisfied to be able to say that my sister's boyfriend is pretty cool because he makes my sister happy and is a half-decent young man. But I never expected to say that he is one of my best friends, my brother, and one of the few people that truly understands my weirdness. :) I will be honored to call you my brother-in-law one day.

To all my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents- you really are the best family a girl could ask for. To two aunts that I am especially close to-- My Aunt Sharon and my Aunt Dayna-- you both are just the bee's knees. :) And to my girls, Becca (my Macarena teacher), Haley (my partner-in-crime since the age of three), and Camryn (who has given me some of the best advice when it was most needed- and she's only 9) and the rest of my wonderful cousins.

And that's just the family. Friends, I'm coming back for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment