Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Trip to HEB

Katie here, again!

Well, I was going to write about my amazing friends today but I'm going to save that for tomorrow because last night Kyle and I had our first grocery shopping trip!

First, a thanks to Kyle's friend and attendant, Shane, for taking us to HEB and helping us find some amazing deals.

I was super excited to make a shopping list. Kyle insisted that we didn't need one because we only needed like eight things and that he knew what we needed, but I made my shopping list anyway. All in all, the whole trip went pretty well. Nothing crazy happened. I'm starting to realize that I have a bad habit of muttering under my breath when I'm pushing Kyle, though. When people stand in the middle of the aisle or step right into our way, I always find it necessary to mumble some choice words in their honor. I don't think they can here me most of the time, so that's good. However, my second realization of the night was that my impatience makes me pretty hypocritical. I know that I probably stood in peoples' way like half of the time. Then, when people get annoyed with me, I have no idea why they're so angry and impatient! Funny how that works... :] I will definitely have to work on my grocery store etiquette for the future.

Secondly, if you don't shop at HEB, you should totally give it a shot. Both Kyle and I are pretty cheap, and our heads were reeling at all of the great deals. Those little yellow coupons are paper gold. For real. We bought ice cream and got Oreos for free. No joke. AND, the HEB brand saves you soooo much money. Now that I've done my share of HEB advertising, I wanna talk about Tide Pods. Yes, Tide Pods. you just throw them in the wash before you put your clothes in. And that's it. No powder, no liquid. Pretty cool.

So, my advice for the day: Shop at HEB, try Tide Pods, and do your best to be more patient. All three will pay off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment